Honestly speaking, I don't feel the atmosphere at all this year. It's just like any other family gathering.. Perhaps it's because the older we grow, the distant we feel? But I believe that every cny should be spent with family members and relatives. Call me an orthodoxical person by all means but I'd still choose to be with my family during cny(: I was up at Aunt Cyndi's place(punggol) today. For those of you who didn't know, my cousins are all still very young. As young as a toddler and the oldest, apart from my brother and I, is only Primary 5. So you can imagine how havok the place was. They were all screaming at the top of their lungs, or should I say shrilling? It was torturous and I made some of them cry(served them right as they were horribly ill-mannered). I swear I had the urge to slap them but then, it'd be inappropriate as those aren't my kids afterall.
So I swallowed my ball of fury(ha ha) and sat there without uttering a word.
Two of my cousins, at the tender age of nine and ten respectively, scolded my Dad 'fuck' and pointed a middle finger at his younger brother. I was dumbfounded. Where do kids learn such things nowadays? When it was my time, I only knew the 'f' word at the age of 12 and only started using it occasionally at 15.
Well, apart from the shrilling kids in the house, let's not forget the sound of mahjong tiles and adults joking and laughing at the top of their lungs, too.
Anw the point is, I'd rather have dogs than have kids.
Tomorrow is day three of cny. I'll be visiting the temple with Momma and Brudder to pray to the heavens(lol) and cleanse myself ha ha.
Till then xx
No comments:
Post a Comment