I had a DISC profiling workshop at school today. Basically, the workshop is carried out to let us be aware of our intrinsic characteristics. I was quite faithless about this workshop initially cus I thought it is going to be another banal, ordinary workshop. Obviously it's not. In short, DISC simply stands for Dominating, Influencing, Steady & Compliant. & I am somewhere along the line of Influencing and Compliant. Shall not go into it deeply. Basically, we just analyse the graph that's plotted according to our DISC and I happen to have a friend whose points on the graph was really congested-indicates that she's going through a difficult phase and under alot of pressure. She'll be known as A.
A is from Myanmar and she came to Singapore to pursue her education. She's has been living alone in a rented room while her family resides in Myanmar. As a result, she has no one to confide in, no company when she return home after school etc. What happened next really touched me. She broke down into tears when our facilitator asked her, 'what do you need most now?'. She replied almost immediately, 'I just want more friends.'. This moment really evoked me.
For all the things we whine about, all the things we do not appreciate, it is really a shame that we do not feel blessed and are never contented. As compared to A, we're already living a life of chocolates and gold bars. Shame on us. Some people, even posterity, may be convicted by greed. 'Contentment is not able to result in striving beyond success' is a fallacy. Contentment and wanting to attain success or rather, beyond success is at altogether different polars.
Contentment is very simply being happy about what you have achieved in your life and be thankful for it while attaining success beyond success is self-discovery. Utilizing your skills and knowledge to its fullest potential and thus arriving at the zenith.
Well, my point here is when we whine about such minuscule things in our lives, we should look around and see what detrimental situations others are entrapped in. How lucky we are. It's actually also about taking an optimistic view on negativity and working it to your advantage.
This is such a lengthy post so thanks for reading.
Goodnight xx
No comments:
Post a Comment